Site Risk & Due Diligence Manager
Amazon Data Srvcs Ireland Ltd - Dublin
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years’ project or program management experience
- 5+ years’ experience in infrastructure construction, engineering, environmental science, social impact assessments, or risk management
Site Risk & Due Diligence Manager
Play a leading role in risk management at Amazon, where we have a history and tradition of leading the world in innovative technologies and services. As a member of the Amazon Web Services’ Infrastructure Risk and Resiliency team, you will partner will stakeholders across the organization to shape the future of AWS’ evolving risk landscape.
You will play a key role in site selection and site due diligence for new and existing AWS regions. This will involve compiling and analyzing site specific information that may impact development costs or schedule, or present risks to the operation of datacenter infrastructure. This may include the assessment of (i) permitting and land use data, (ii) utility availability and reliability, (iii) natural hazard exposure, (v) environmental risks, (vi) adjacency risks, and (v) legal risks. You will be expected to engage, direct, and manage external consultants and experts to analyze risks and develop mitigations.
You will also drive the continuous assessment of hazards and risks across our global datacenter portfolio. Identifying, assessing, and prioritizing risks and mitigations to continuously improve the resilience of AWS infrastructure. You will be expected to regularly engage with stakeholders, and report to AWS leaders, across the business to ensure risks are being appropriately identified, communicated, and managed.
The right person for this role will have a strong track record of program management experience, the demonstrated ability to deliver multiple high priority projects simultaneously, the ability to drive alignment across teams with competing priorities, and be a strong advocate for risk management.
Key responsibilities include:
· ·Guide the expansion of Amazon facilities and services in new and existing regions by conducting site selection risk analysis and due diligence assessments.
- Assess and draw conclusions from a wide range of real estate, engineering, construction, policy, planning, and business development considerations
- Review and prioritize risk-based mitigation recommendations, partnering with internal stakeholders to secure funding and manage projects to successful resolution
- Coordinate internal teams and manage relationships with consultants and external subject matter experts
- Present assessment results to stakeholders and leaders throughout the business to drive alignment on risk management strategies.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, driving efficiencies, and developing initiatives to improve AWS’ management of risk.
- Develop and monitor internal metrics, goals, and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement.
- Up to 25% travel, including to international destinations.
- Datacenter operations, construction, technical due diligence, or risk assessment experience strongly preferred
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management, urban planning, or architecture.
- Masters degree in relevant subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with senior leadership
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results in a leadership role
Attention - In the recruitment process, legitimate companies never withdraw fees from candidates. If there are companies that attract interview fees, tests, ticket reservations, etc. it is better to avoid it because there are indications of fraud. If you see something suspicious please contact us: [email protected]
Other jobs you may like
Cafe AssistantThe Milk Thistle Kitchen€10.10 an hourThe Milk Thistle Kitchen is currently looking to fill the position of barista/café assistant Duties include greeting customers, taking orders preparing beverages2 day agoShareLimerick
Office AdministratorCleaning Warehouse Ltd€11 an hourResponsibilities Work as part of a team to provide general administration support Dealing with customer queries in a professional and timely manner Assist the team with2 day agoShareRathcoole, County Dublin
Clothing AssistantDealz, Pep and Co.Do you know your jeggings from your leggings? If so, we are recruiting for a Clothing Assistantwho have a passion for fashion…..About the opportunity...As a2 day agoShareBlackpool, County Cork
Kitchen PorterSodexoWe currently have an opportunity for a Kitchen Porter to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and2 day agoShareKinsale, County Cork
Food service assistantSodexoThis position will suit an organised individual with exceptional catering standards. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world2 day agoShareKinsale, County Cork