Ratings Analyst, Business & Consumer Services
Ratings Analyst – Business and Consumer Services Sector
Grade 9 (for internal purposes)
The Role: We are looking for a credit analyst to join our Business & Consumer Services analytical team to be based in either our Dublin or Paris offices. You will:
- Produce relevant, high quality and complete credit analysis that demonstrate an understanding of S&P Global Ratings rating approach. This includes a business analysis and financial analysis highlighting the key SWOT, a peer analysis and an overall recommendation.
- Support in the preparation of a variety of materials suitable for publication on S&P Global Ratings credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Actively participate, through sharing your credit opinions, in credit rating committees.
- Conduct periodic and event driven surveillance of existing Ratings.
- Represent S&P Global Ratings to the external market, interacting with issuers, external investors and other market participants as required.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- In time, take responsibility for a portfolio of ratings as a primary analyst.
The Impact: A rating is S&P Global Ratings' forward-looking opinion about the relative creditworthiness of a company relative to other companies using our specific methodology. It assesses a company's relative capacity and willingness to meet its financial obligations as they come due providing investors with an independent benchmark of credit quality.
The Career Opportunity: This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development.
Your Skills: The successful candidate will possess the ability to undertake analytical work and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide strong fundamental analysis, and forward looking opinions.
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field, a relevant Master’s degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- 2 or more years’ experience with a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution or an audit company, or other credit institutions, working in the field of corporate credit analysis.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Have strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements and accounting concepts, including cash flows and projections. Able to identify the key strengths and weaknesses of a company, and areas where further investigation may be needed.
- Ability to write sound and complete credit analysis.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Fluent in business English, and fluency in a 2nd European language; particularly French or Spanish will be an advantage.
- Experience of analysing companies in the business and consumer services sector would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to represent, along with senior analysts, S&P Global Ratings at meetings and conferences with issuer senior management and investors in a highly professional manner.
- Effective management of own workflows, elevating problems to manager in a timely manner.
- Flexible and open mind-set with ambition to show initiative to support S&P initiatives.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts.
S&P Global Ratings is the world’s leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email [email protected] and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
Office AdministratorCleaning Warehouse Ltd€11 an hourResponsibilities Work as part of a team to provide general administration support Dealing with customer queries in a professional and timely manner Assist the team with2 day agoShareRathcoole, County Dublin
2021 EMEA Software Engineer Program - Summer Internship (Dublin)JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that engineers large-scale, complex and resilient technology solutions that drive our global business. You'll help build and2 day agoShareDublin
Quality ControllerLionbridge TechnologiesThe team at Lionbridge Technologies is seeking a Quality Controller to specialise in improving the results of internet search for the United States (US) market, working2 day agoShareBallina, County Mayo
Channel Business Development AssociateSAPRequisition ID: 266267Work Area: SalesExpected Travel: 0 - 10%Career Status: GraduateEmployment Type: Regular Full Time COMPANY DESCRIPTION SAP started in 1972 as a2 day agoShareDublin
Sales Advisor-ROINew LookSALES ADVISOR-ROI Level L8 - Retail StaffClosing Date: 29/12/2020Permanent / Fixed Term TemporaryStore Location GalwayContract variations available 20 hoursMore about2 day agoShareGalway