Junior Technology Consultant
Ove Arup & Partners Ireland Limited (trading as Arup) is one of Irelands leading engineering consultancies employing in excess of 550.
We are currently seeking a permanent full time Junior Technology Consultant to join our Digital Services team at our office at 50 Ringsend Road, Dublin 4.
Digital Services is a multi-disciplinary team bringing together specialist skills in people, processes, engineering and technology to deliver excellence to our clients through innovative combinations of technology, people and business processes.
The Arup Digital Services Advisory team provides a range of digital technology advisory services to both external clients and other Arup groups in the area of built environment. The focus is on both the delivery and operational governance of digital related technologies and services for clients, utilising expertise in IT service management, information security, enterprise architecture, project management, and an overarching understanding of emerging technologies.
Working with a range of clients, this role is an exciting new opportunity for a Digital Services Junior Technology Consultant to support the delivery and operations of a multiple of Digital / technology / IT related project and services, enhancing an already multi-disciplinary Digital Services team.
The Junior Technology Consultant will support numerous projects across broad technical domains of our business including Transportation, Property, Aviation, Health, Water and Energy and will be responsible for supporting and providing leading edge technical and advisory expertise to both the public and private sector across the globe. The consultant will be expected to have working experience of systems design and architecture, IT infrastructure including cabling, sensors and data collection solutions. The application of experience and knowledge will be leveraged to support our global presence delivering advisory services and digital solutions to clients.
Key elements of this role includes:
- Promotion of new Digital technologies and ideas that align with client needs and visions for innovation and sustainability.
- Participate in the planning and of design of new deployments, including the preparation of tendering and contractual documentation.
- Service Delivery Management of technology projects and operations for clients.
- Participate in the review of existing standards and specifications and their development to cater for emerging technologies.
- Preparation of policy and strategy documentation.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders across Arup’s client portfolio to ensure that our capabilities are articulated and understood.
- Implementing a Systems Engineering and Enterprise Architecture approach on behalf of clients, providing advisory services for both Information Systems / Data and IT Technology Architecture considerations to their respective systems and solutions.
- The development of an implementation strategy for the delivery of client solutions, ensuring the desired functionality and client objectives are met.
- The development of test plans, and implementation of tests for systems, software and solutions on behalf of clients, to ensure that the desired quality standard is delivered and validated effectively.
- The testing of IT systems, software and solutions on behalf of clients, to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Provide advisory services to the clients with respect to Information Security considerations, obligations and best practice, for their respective IT systems and solutions (such as Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plan Considerations).
Essential Experience and Knowledge:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a consulting business environment working on the delivery of client technology related solutions.
- Good understanding of Data Analysis and Data Manipulation.
- Comprehensive understanding of technology innovation and service delivery principles.
- Excellent knowledge and competency in project management, contract management and procurement work practices and stakeholder engagement.
- Excellent knowledge of technology related domains, including:
- Digital Electronics
- Control Systems
- Technology and Instrumentation
- Data Communications and Data Engineering
- Ability to prepare and present factual reports.
- Excellent command in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Skype and Teams).
- Holds at least a bachelor’s degree level qualification in Electronic Engineering or another technology related field or Masters in Business Administration (MBA) with suitable technology related experience and certifications.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in Management Consulting.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product and service development.
- Understanding of technology and electronic engineering principles.
- Understanding of IT Service Management.
- Understanding of Information Security Management frameworks, work practices and principles.
- Understanding Enterprise Architecture and Systems Engineering frameworks, work practices and principles.
We are looking for people with the following qualities:
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively.
- A collaborative style of working that fosters innovation and team working.
- Be driven and motivated to work in a commercial consulting environment, usually to tight client deadlines.
- An organised and methodological approach to problem solving and decision-making, with proven problem-solving experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effective at building and sustaining client relationships.
AWS Customer Service Team ManagerAWS EMEA SARL (Irish Branch)2+ years previous leadership experience preferably in contact center operations. Familiarity with general principles of Workforce in a customer contact center39 minute agoShareDublin
Supplier Quality Engineer II, ClonmelBoston Scientific CorporationAdditional Locations: Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth At Boston Scientific, you39 minute agoShareClonmel, County Tipperary
Training & Quality ManagerCapita PlcThis role will initially be based from home until January and then based from Cork Airport Business Park. The Training & Quality Manager will be responsible for39 minute agoShareLittle Island, County Cork
MSD Ireland Science Internship ProgrammeMSDJob Requirements Launch your future career with our company! Our internships start your journey on the career path within the Pharmaceutical industry. We will empower1 hour agoShareCarlow
Sr MTS Elect Design EngrCypress SemiconductorIn this highly visible role, you will be developing the next generation Automotive TrueTouch™ devices for Infineon. You will be responsible for the architecture,2 hour agoShareCork