The position of delivery van driver consists of loading a truck in the morning, proceeding to delivering packages to customers based on a daily allocated route and returning the van back to base.
- Arrive at the warehouse early in the morning.
- Attend the morning huddle meeting.
- Load the delivery van securely with packages (heavy lifting).
- Drive safely and leave warehouse premises.
- Return the van safely back to the warehouse location.
- If diesel van, re-fuel the van before returning safely back to the warehouse location.
- At end of day, check the van for any damages and report these.
- At the warehouse location recharge all devices used.
- Attend the daily evening debriefing meeting before leaving for the day.
Qualifications and requirements
- Full Irish or EU driver’s license (category B)
- Prior delivery van experience (1 year +) is ideal but not mandatory
- Prior experience of driving a long wheelbase van (i.e. Mercedes Sprinter) is ideal but not mandatory.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Minimum four years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be over 25 years old to be insured by companies Insurance Policy
- Good telephone manner and fluent English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ambitious and enthusiastic
- Attention to detail
- Work with logistics team improve delivery routes
- Experienced Forklift driving with relevant certs: Counterbalance, Reach etc.
- Open to variation in job role as required
- Must be a good team player but must also be able to work on own initiative
- Customer focus – Job requires being obsessed with the customer, going over and beyond for the customer to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Self Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Full Time position
- Performance bonus available
- Lead driver bonus available
- Mon to Sat only available to work
- Daily 8 – 10 hour shifts
- Bonus scheme
Reference ID: Tipperary base (Cahir)
Full Time: 35-50hours per week
Expected start date:
Job Types: Permanent
Salary: 10.5 per hour
- driving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience in distribution
- Full driving licence (Required)
- Loading the delivery vehicle from a staging area
- Heavy lifting
- Daily van check
Reference ID: Cahir Tipp
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: €10.15-€10.70 per hour
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)
Senior Data AnalystLionbridge TechnologiesLionbridge are looking to hire a Senior Data Analyst, to join their busy team in Ballina/Part remote-working. Our company mission is to break down barriers and build9 minute agoShareBallina, County Mayo
Project LeadLionbridge TechnologiesLionbridge are looking to hire a Project Lead, on a 9 month fixed term maternity cover contract. This is a remote working role to be based in Ireland. Position4 hour agoShareBallina, County Mayo
Quality ControllerLionbridge TechnologiesThe team at Lionbridge Technologies is seeking a Quality Controller to specialise in improving the results of internet search for the United States (US) market, working4 hour agoShareBallina, County Mayo
Project Manager – Dublin CityCSRProject Manager – Dublin CSR group is looking to recruit a Project Manager for an upcoming project in Dublin City. Our client is a relatively young company in8 hour agoShareDublin
CIB - Merchant Services - Product Manager - Vice President - DublinJPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.CIB - Wholesale Payments - Merchant Services Product Manager - VP J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor8 hour agoShareDublin