Ballynahinch Castle Hotel, one of Ireland's finest luxury castle hotels. Voted #6 Resort Hotel in in the UK & Ireland by Travel & Leisure and #4 in Ireland by the readers of Condé Nast magazine. Set in a private 700 acre estate of woodland, rivers and walks in the heart of Connemara, Co. Galway. We are looking for experienced candidates to join our team, we offer superb staff accommodation and we look forward to hearing from you.
REPORTING TO: Head Chef; Sr Sous Chef; Sous Chef, Food & Beverage Management Team
RESPONSIBLIE FOR: HACCP; COSHH;
PURPOSE: To do all possible to develop & maintain the experience of the guest at Ballynahinch Castle Hotel while upholding the ethics and principals by which the hotel is run. To assist the kitchen team in ensuring correct equipment is ready for service as well as assisting in any other duties the operation may require.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Ensure that grooming standards are adhered to as per the hotel’s grooming policy.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible.
- Maintain kitchen hygiene standards by constantly monitoring service areas and taking action on areas that need attention.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep the storerooms organised, clean and tidy.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Ensure that correct recycling and food waste procedures are followed as directed by the Head Chef and Facilities Manager.
- To occasionally be tasked to handle food in order to assist the cooks in preparing the ingredients needed.
- To ensure that mise en place is ready in time for service and appropriate for forecasted business levels.
- Ensure that all mise en place is up to date and that all work areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- To occasionally undertake duties as directed by the Food & Beverage Management team.
- To assist with food deliveries and ensure measures are undertaken for this to be done hygienically and safely.
- To ensure that all measures are taken to keep food waste to a minimum.
- Communicate and liaise with team members, kitchen and other areas of operation to ensure any tasks have been completed as agreed.
- Keeping the kitchen environment safe and hygienic through regimental cleaning and good practice in line with HACCP.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSBILITIES
- Compliance with food labelling and temperature controls along with all other aspects of HACCP.
- Report all accidents and hazards to management in an efficient manner.
- To comply with all fire, health and safety regulations and attend necessary trainings for the safety and security of your colleagues and guests.
- Maintain full responsibility for the hygiene and cleanliness of all food & beverage service areas in accordance with government legislation and company policy.
- To read, understand and carry out all responsibilities as defined in the Health & Safety statement.
- To carry out any other duty/routine outside normal daily or weekly routine but within the overall scope of your position.
To comply with company regulations regarding:
b) Health and Safety
c) Hygiene & HACCP
e) Customer Care
Food service assistantSodexoThis position will suit an organised individual with exceptional catering standards. This is a great opportunity for a customer focused individual to join a world9 hour agoShareKinsale, County Cork
Kitchen Operative - GalwayCompass Group UK & Ireland€10.10 an hourKitchen Operative As a Kitchen Operative, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute16 hour agoShareGalway
Kitchen PorterBell Pepper RestaurantBell Pepper Restaurant are currently seeking an experienced Kitchen Porter for day to day work in Coolock Branch. Requirements: Excellence in English. Must have at least17 hour agoShareCoolock, County Dublin
Seasonal Kitchen PorterDunnesStore CORNELSCOURT Employment Type Temporary Job DescriptionSeasonal Kitchen Porter Dunnes Stores is Ireland’s leading retailer positioned at the cutting1 day agoShareCornelscourt, County Dublin
Evening Kitchen PorterGalway Catering Company€10.40 an hourTo perform a variety of manual tasks to ensure the smooth running of the kitchen including general cleaning, pot and dish washing. To maintain a high standard of1 day agoShareGalway